Without going to any expensive salon, you can get your feet awesome-looking Pedicure Perfect by following our How to Pedicure Professionally at Home Tips and Steps. To enhance you overall personality and beauty, give our professionally looking pedicure to your feet easily at home in simple-to-do steps and tips. Proladiestips bring the guide to tips and steps for home pedicure in little time and money for having stunning and lovely feet.
Pedicure Tool Set At Home:
For At Home Pedicure supplies and tools, the following things are required:
- Nail Clippers, Nail Polish Remover, Nail File or Emery Board, Cuticle oil or cream or baby oil, Cotton Pads, Cuticle Stick / Pusher, Nail Polish.
- Exfoliating scrub, pumice stone, Foot file.
- Basin for soaking the feet & towels for drying the feet.
- Foot moisturizer (if required).
Easy Steps for Professional Pedicure At Home:
- Remove Existing Nail Polish:
- Dip cotton ball in nail polish remover and rub it on nails to remove existing nail polish, if any.
- Alcohol and acetone-free nail polish removers are although less drying, but they don’t work well particularly on dark shades. Therefore, these should be used only on lighter nail polish shades.
- Feet Soaking:
- A basin is filled with swarm water sufficient to dip your feet up to the ankles.
- Add the following items in basin for feet soaking purpose for pedicure:
- Epson salt ½ cup (serves as balm to sooth inflammation, relieve muscle pain and lessen feet roughness. If it is not available, any alternative salt can be used).
- One lemon juice.
- Few drops of Foot wash (as an alternative, liquid hand wash or shampoo can be used).
- Essential oils (e.g. Lavender or Eucalyptus are the best option. Eucalyptus relieves aching feet and works as disinfectant & antiseptic. Lavender relaxes and rejuvenates the skin & helps to ease the nerves).
- Few small pebbles (rub feet over it as these serves excellent massage to feet).
- Along the side of basin, place a chair and sit in a comfortable position over it. Keep your feet soaking in it for 15-20 minutes, as per your requirement and desire.
- Thereafter, feet are dried off using a dry towel.
- Nails Trimming & Filing:
- Clip your toe nails using a high quality nail clippers.
- Toe nails should always be cut straight across just above the skin so that the nails should not extend over toe tips.
- Atleast 3 cuts should be used on each nail as if you go in single cut to the whole nail, it may cut the nail too close to the skin.
- To avoid painful ingrown nails, do not cut corners too much.
- File nails in one direction using an emery board or nail file. File nails till they get properly even and slightly rounded at the corners.
- Metal files for nails should not be used as they rip and damage nails.
- Fine grade surface of nail file is used for smoothing the nails and the coarser surface is used for shaping the nails.
- Exfoliation & Care Of Cuticles:
- On the base of each toe nail, a little bit of cuticle cream is rubbed and left for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, use a pumice stone or a dry foot file to remove the dead skin cells otherwise they will become thick and hard to become cracked and cause infection too.
- Ankles are scrubbed too along with scrubbing of feet heel & balls, heel sides and around toes. Do not scrap too much hard as the tough skin there may cause skin redness.
- The cuticle cream is now wiped off and the cuticles are gently pushed back using a cuticle pusher. You can have pretty feet look of pedicure with these rounded and neat cuticles.
- An old toothbrush can also be used to clean toes and underneath toe nails.
- Cleanly wash feet after scrubbing and dry these perfectly even between the toes. Foot cream or a thick moisturizer is also rubbed on top and bottom sides of feet along with cuticles and heels.
- Polishing Toe Nails:
- Excess oil on the toe nails is cleaned using a cotton ball which is soaked in nail polish remover.
- A coat of clear nail polish is applied in case of a simple pedicure.
- If you want fancy and elegant pedicure, apply a thin base coat first in 3 strokes. Do not paint your cuticles.
- When the base coat is dried, apply two coats of nail polish of any color. Apply 2nd coat after drying of 1st coat at this step. It helps to long lasting of nail paint.
- A thin top coat of clear nail polish is applied for finishing touch.
- Use cuticle stick to clean extra nail polish slips from cuticles.
Now, wear any favorite and fashionable styling footwear showing your pretty anklet, toe rings or whatever you want with your lovely pedicure.
Natural Beauty Tips about Home Pedicure:
- Soak yellow toe nails in lemon juice for 10 minutes to clean them.
- After every 2 days, clear nail polish is applied and nails are moisturized daily for a long lasting pedicure.
- To make toe nails look gorgeous and stylish, some cute glitter can also be considered to apply.
- In case of cracked heels, use Vaseline over it and wear socks over night.
- Apply homemade natural massage oil for feet by mixing 1 teaspoon of Almond and Olive oil with 10 drops of any desirable essential oil.
Beauty Cautions About Home Pedicure:
- Do not clip or cut cuticles as it can cause serious infection.
- Cut the tow nails straight to avoid painful ingrown toe nails.
Proudly show your perfectly pedicure at home pretty feet to your friends by following our easy steps, useful tips and necessary caution regarding lovely and professional-looking pedicure at home.