If you are seriously annoyed of having sunspots on face as well as skin, then Proladiestips brings the ultimate tips and solution of sunspots treatment from face and skin.
- Sunspots are either lighter or darker spots than the normal skin tone having different colors and shapes.
- Those areas of skin are more prone to sunspots that are regularly exposed to sunlight e.g. nose, upper lip, cheeks, ears, neck, forehead, arms, back of both hands etc.
- In appearance, sunspots resemble to scaly or rough skin lesions, flat or raised warts and also cause minor itching.
Factors & Causes of Sunspots:
Sunspots on skin are also known as solar lentigines or solar lentigo is caused by any of the given reasons:
- Direct and prolonged exposure to the ultraviolet (UV) rays of sun.
- Artificial sources of ultraviolet (UV) rays e.g. tanning bed etc.
- Sun allergy that causes sunspots when exposed to sunlight, no matter for shorter or longer time.
- Skin complexion tone as sunspots are more common in those people who have lighter skin.
- Excessive melanin production that produces darker patches on skin.
- Sunburn is also a prominent sunspots cause on face and skin.
Outcome of Sunspots:
The risk of sunspots can lead to the sun damage to the skin and face that ultimately results in following outcome:
- Sunspots itself.
- Sun burning of skin.
- Pre-mature ageing of skin.
- Older look than the real one.
Tips To Prevent Sunspots On Skin & Face:
Before going into the details of methods to remove sunspots, we are giving you the tips and method for the prevention of sunspots from arms, hands, face, neck and shoulders:
- Cover The Sun Exposed Area:
- As the initial easy way to prevent sunspots, always try to cover those areas of your skin and face that are continuously expose to sunrays.
- Use shade or umbrella for saving yourself from harmful effects of sunrays.
- Use Sunscreen Protection:
- Apply a broad spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of minimum 15 daily before going outside.
- Sunscreen cream protects your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays of sun that cause sunburn and sunspots.
- Between 10AM and 4PM when sunrays are very harsh, use a sunscreen with an SPF 30, as sun is at the hottest stage at this time.
- To protect your skin from further sun damage, always use good quality sun blocks with sufficient SPF levels.
- Do not depend merely on cosmetics, foundations and moisturizers that contain sunscreen as an ingredient, rather use a sunscreen itself to protect skin and face from sun damage.
- Avoid Tanning:
- Try to avoid all means of tanning that can cause sunspots e.g. tanning booths.
- Install Anti-UVB Coating On Car’s Windows:
- UVB rays of sun are responsible for sunspots that can affect you if you stay, travel or spend too much of time in cars.
- Similarly, UVA rays are also present in sunlight that causes sunburn.
- Install an anti-UVB coating on the windows of your car. It can also be installed at the window of your home or office.
Natural Homemade Treatment of Sunspots on Skin & Face:
By knowing the underlined causes and factors of sunspots on skin and face, you can easily get rid of this problem. You are also advises to first consult a dermatologist regarding harm of sunspots. These are all natural remedies and treatment methods to get rid of skin sunspots at home easily to get glowing and spot-free skin back in few days:
- Lemon Juice:
- Mild acid content is present in lemon juice that lightens the darker sunspots, helps in getting rid of dead skin cells as well as regenerates new healthy skin cells.
How to Apply:
- Lightly rub fresh lemon slice or lemon juice drops directly on the affected sunspots areas, as both serve as skin lightener.
- Repeat the procedure twice daily. Leave lemon juice on skin for 20minutes and then wash with enough water.
- Lemon juice increases skin sensitivity, so never go out in sun when you apply it on your face or skin.
- Lemon juice further dries off a dry skin texture, so apply moisturizer on skin or face after this homemade remedy for sunspots.
- Sometimes, lemon juice can cause irritation that can be avoided by mixing it with water, honey or rose water.
- Lemon Juice & Sugar Paste:
- Lemon juice & sugar paste can be used to remove sunspots on face and skin. Lemon juice in sugar paste form has a thick consistency that helps it to stay longer on skin for better efficiency.
How to Apply:
- Mix adequate sugar with lemon juice to make a spreadable paste having uniform consistency.
- Scrub the paste on skin and face affected with sunspots and leave it for 15minutes. After it wash with plenty of water.
- This natural remedy to treat sunspots can be applied few times in a week for fast results.
- For dry skin, add a little of olive oil in lemon and sugar paste for sunspots treatment.
- Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) & Lemon Juice:
- Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) and lemon juice is used to lighten both sunspots along with age spots.
- Natural alpha hydroxyl acids are found in Apple Cider Vinegar that cause lightening of sun and age spots.
- Citric acid is present in lemon juice which performs the function of lightening of darker areas and patches of skin and face.
How to Apply:
- About 1/2 teaspoon of ACV and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice are mixed together to make this natural homemade remedy.
- The mixture is applied on affected areas every night. Use a cotton ball saturated with the mixture to apply it.
- Start from the forehead and apply the mixture to all areas of face and other skin portions where sunspots are present.
- A mild redness or stinging will be felt initially which a normal experience is. Leave the mixture on skin and face overnight and continuously for at least 6 weeks to gain much better results.
- Dilute the mixture with a little water, if you feel too much stinging or if you have a sensitive skin.
- This remedy enhances skin sensitivity, so apply sunscreen daily before going outside.
- Aloe Vera:
- Aloe Vera is used on face and skin to prevent it from sun damage.
- Aloe Vera is also used for regeneration of skin naturally as it has skin healing property.
How to Apply:
- Aloe Vera gel can also be squeezed directly from the plant or can also be used in the form of a good quality herbal cream enriched with aloe Vera.
- Apply aloe Vera gel two times a day to treat sun damage on skin and face.
- Continue applying this herbal home remedy of sunspots for minimum 2months that will remove sunspots slowly and effectively.
- Milk/ Butter Milk:
- Lactic acid is present in milk or butter milk that is used for skin lightening as well as skin cells regeneration.
- Butter milk effectively removes sunspots from face fast.
How to Apply:
- Apply milk or butter milk on skin or face to remove sunspots.
- Leave it there for 15minutes and then wash with enough water.
- Green Tea Bag:
- Green tea has a high amount of antioxidants which heal skin from sun damaging effects.
How to Apply:
- A green tea bag is soaked in boiling water to a little time. Squeeze tea bag on cotton ball and rub the damp ball on the affected areas.
- Repeat the procedure twice daily to remove sunspots fast.
Professional Treatment of Sunspots:
- If the significant results are not achieved using the above sunspots remedy techniques at home naturally, visit a good dermatologist.
- Besides above all-natural remedies, there are a variety of sun skin spot treatment options available including:
- Over-the-counter sunspots medication.
- Chemical peels.
- Dermatological procedures e.g. laser therapy, cryotherapy, freezing, dermabrasion, etc.